Old 10-08-2009, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_1_] Rod[_1_] is offline

Default Identification: small plant with clover-shaped leaves

Yes, an Oxalis -probably our native wood sorrel. If it is, the flowers
in the spring are white, slightly blushed with pink. If it's one of
the pernicious weeds the flowers will be smaller and yellow and the
leaves are a bit smaller.

--
Rod

My real address is

"Rob" wrote in message
Can anyone identify this for me please?

http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/a...ver-Shape1.jpg

As you can see, the stem - at the moment - is about 10 cms long.
There are three clover-shaped leaves joined at the top of the stem.
Its the seed bundle at the bottom that intrigues (and frightens !)
me.
I suspect it is a "cultivated wild flower" which has become a weed
for
me.
Thanks in advance (and sorry if it is obvious . . .)