Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Killing Acanthus

In article ,
Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:

I have two large (becoming very large!) clumps of Acanthus mollis and
would like to return to one, I tried Round up this spring as the new
growth reappered after winter but it had no effect, so then I thought I
would squirt "Round up" down the stems like is done for Japanese knotweed
but this bloody stuff does not have hollow stems (sneaky). So has anyone
every managed to get red of a clump?

No but please post if you fine the answer!

Yes. I had some, and it got bored with clumping and developed
wanderlust - including into the lawn. Digging it up whereever
possible and pulling/mowing it where not killed it in about
5 years.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.