Old 11-08-2009, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Identification: small plant with clover-shaped leaves

Topaz writes

Thanks. Of course, now I know what it is I can find it in my books !
This is always the gardener's problem, we see the plants at an early
stage of development
which in no way looks like what is illustrated by wild flower (or
other) books.
Such books normally assume the flower can be seen, often they are
organised by flower colour;
that's far too late for a weed-bashing gardener !
Does anyone know of a book on weeds/plants at early stages of
development?

Roger Phillips, Weeds, Elm Tree books, ISBN 0-241-11755-0
Out of print, unfortunately.
--
Kay