Old 12-08-2009, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
LampLighter LampLighter is offline

Default Identification: small plant with clover-shaped leaves

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:22:24 +0100, K wrote:

Topaz writes

Thanks. Of course, now I know what it is I can find it in my books !
This is always the gardener's problem, we see the plants at an early
stage of development
which in no way looks like what is illustrated by wild flower (or
other) books.
Such books normally assume the flower can be seen, often they are
organised by flower colour;
that's far too late for a weed-bashing gardener !
Does anyone know of a book on weeds/plants at early stages of
development?

Roger Phillips, Weeds, Elm Tree books, ISBN 0-241-11755-0
Out of print, unfortunately.

Garden and Field Weeds

There is one second hand copy in Lancashire
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...eds&x=67&y =9

£12 Plus P&P
--

Martin

Thanks for the bugs link (amazing) and for this book recommendation.
Before I spend a fortune on airmail/courier P&P, can any owner reassure me
that
the Philips book does show the weeds in early (various) stages of
development?
I am hopeful, as I have his "Wild Flowers of Britain" and that is superb.
Rob