Old 13-08-2009, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Agapanthus seedees....

"Sheila" wrote in message
news
Link below to my album, you can see the type of white agapanthus you will
hopefully be getting, the one that is in flower is 4 years old, and its
its first flowering. it is in the ground,and the three that were planted
in the ground at the same time, in the same area haven't flowered yet.

In the pot, is the "mother" of the seeds I sent you, I foolishly left it
outside this winter, and the pot cracked, I repotted them both, and
whether or not because of that, it is only small, but has divided as you
can see, there are two plants, the other plant that flowered last year is
smaller, and hasn't divided.

The other plant that I am holding is from the seed of the mother plant,
and looks really healthy, I have hardly any left, as every time I have a
visitor I end up giving them a plant, so I have just 9 left, and am going
to put them in single pots also.

Some other pictures would be nice!

http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd322/sheilaformby/

Hi Sheila,

That's a lovely agapanthus! I've been wondering what the parent looked
like, so thanks for sharing that. It's going to be even harder now to wait
till I see my own flowers. Your seedlings are somewhat ahead of mine. I
need to pot all mine on now, but must buy some more compost first. Many of
mine are still planted in loose clumps, which is why they are a bit behind
yours, I'm sure. Once they are transplanted and fed, they should catch up.
I also need to blow the dust off my lovely camera and get some pics on the
computer, which I then hope to share on here. I shall also show off some
pics of my new patio project.

I confess you've had rather an expensive effect on me :~). I've become so
fascinated by agapanthus that I've bought three for the garden since
germinating your seeds. I've bought three blue ones on the basis that I
should have quite a few white ones in due course! I do find it frustrating,
though, that the labelling usually only consists of the genus and the
cultivar name, with no species name or hybrid tag; nor whether the plant is
evergreen or deciduous which, of course, affects hardiness and therefore
cultivation. Each time I buy a plant I have to search my bookshelves or
Google to learn how to keep it. Oh well, I suppose it's good for my
education.

Your garden is very pretty. I like the way it winds as one views the length
of it. Is it on a slope, or is that just the impression I gained? My
garden is on a slope and quite steep in places, although we've made it a bit
more managable than it was. It will be a while before I'm brave enough to
put many pics on here as it has become chaotic and weedy. I will, however,
take some pics and try and manage the technology that will allow you to see
them.

Thanks once again for sharing your pics. You may just have spurred me into
action ...

Spider