Old 14-08-2009, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Ping PeteC

On 2009-08-11 11:58:53 +0100, Judith in France
said:

Pete, are they growing yet!!!! C. Lucifer? Mine were late but are
flowering beautifully.

Judith

I must remember to send you some Krakatoa when they're ready. We found
Lucifer was a particularly good colour this year - might have been
imaginatioin but I don't think so. It seemed to be a much more intense
colour, so I wonder if the cold of winter had something to do with that,
too.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Since you mention them, Sacha, my C. Krakatoa are lovely this year *and*
increasing; in fact, they're trying to break out of their (large) pot. I
suspect they're trying to tell me something! :~) When they've finished
flowering, I'll divide them and put them in two or three sunny places.
They're gorgeous.

Alas, *my* C. Lucifer has slowed down this year. They were from Homebase
originally and, thankfully, did very well until this year. I did split them
in the spring, so they're probably just getting their breath back.

Spider