Old 11-08-2009, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping PeteC

Pete, are they growing yet!!!! C. Lucifer? Mine were late but are
flowering beautifully.

Judith
Old 11-08-2009, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
Pete, are they growing yet!!!! C. Lucifer? Mine were late but are
flowering beautifully.

Judith

Nah......nuffink
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 11-08-2009, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 11, 5:54*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
Pete, are they growing yet!!!! *C. Lucifer? *Mine were late but are
flowering beautifully.

Judith

Nah......nuffink
--
Pete C
London UK

Oh Pete, I sent some to another urgler here and hers have flowered.
I'm glad to say the bulbs you gave me are thriving :-) I'll send you
another lot this autumn if you like?

Judith
Old 11-08-2009, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 11, 5:54 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
Pete, are they growing yet!!!! C. Lucifer? Mine were late but are
flowering beautifully.

Judith

Nah......nuffink
--
Pete C
London UK

Oh Pete, I sent some to another urgler here and hers have flowered.
I'm glad to say the bulbs you gave me are thriving :-) I'll send you
another lot this autumn if you like?

Judith

That would be smashing........I'll put them on the allotment.....conditions
are a lot better there.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 11-08-2009, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-11 21:01:17 +0100, "Pete C" said:

Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 11, 5:54 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
Pete, are they growing yet!!!! C. Lucifer? Mine were late but are
flowering beautifully.

Judith

Nah......nuffink
--
Pete C
London UK

Oh Pete, I sent some to another urgler here and hers have flowered.
I'm glad to say the bulbs you gave me are thriving :-) I'll send
you another lot this autumn if you like?

Judith

That would be smashing........I'll put them on the
allotment.....conditions are a lot better there.

I just want to know what you did to get shot of Crocosmia? ;-)) We
have had C. masonorum popping up all over the place this year and we
certainly didn't plant it!

LOL. At the time, the only place I could plant them was beneath a tree. I
suspect not enough sun/water.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 11-08-2009, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-11 21:01:17 +0100, "Pete C" said:

Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 11, 5:54 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
[...]

Oh Pete!!!!!! underneath a tree! they don't like to be too dry.
I'll send more this Autumn.

Judith
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-11 21:01:17 +0100, "Pete C" said:

Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 11, 5:54 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
[...]

oops.....wrist slapped
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 12-08-2009, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-11 21:01:17 +0100, "Pete C" said:

Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 11, 5:54 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
Pete, are they growing yet!!!! C. Lucifer? Mine were late but
are flowering beautifully.

Judith

Nah......nuffink
--
Pete C
London UK

Oh Pete, I sent some to another urgler here and hers have
flowered. I'm glad to say the bulbs you gave me are thriving :-) I'll
send you another lot this autumn if you like?

Judith
That would be smashing........I'll put them on the
allotment.....conditions are a lot better there.

I just want to know what you did to get shot of Crocosmia? ;-)) We
have had C. masonorum popping up all over the place this year
and we certainly didn't plant it!

LOL. At the time, the only place I could plant them was beneath a
tree. I suspect not enough sun/water.

That simple, eh. ;-) Try to move them if you can - C. Lucifer is
well worth growing. Do you have another space for them?

I'll go a-digging then
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 14-08-2009, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-11 11:58:53 +0100, Judith in France
said:

Pete, are they growing yet!!!! C. Lucifer? Mine were late but are
flowering beautifully.

Judith

I must remember to send you some Krakatoa when they're ready. We found
Lucifer was a particularly good colour this year - might have been
imaginatioin but I don't think so. It seemed to be a much more intense
colour, so I wonder if the cold of winter had something to do with that,
too.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Since you mention them, Sacha, my C. Krakatoa are lovely this year *and*
increasing; in fact, they're trying to break out of their (large) pot. I
suspect they're trying to tell me something! :~) When they've finished
flowering, I'll divide them and put them in two or three sunny places.
They're gorgeous.

Alas, *my* C. Lucifer has slowed down this year. They were from Homebase
originally and, thankfully, did very well until this year. I did split them
in the spring, so they're probably just getting their breath back.

Spider

Old 16-08-2009, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-11 11:58:53 +0100, Judith in France
said:

[...]

I'm so glad you like C. Krakatoa. I love the colour and the large flowers
but the special bonus is that they seem to take over just as C. Lucifer is
coming to an end.

Yes, it's always nice to have something to extend the season. I've even
thought of mingling C. Lucifer and C. Krakatoa to avoid the lull in one
spot, but the purist in me tells me to keep them apart. Decisions ..
decisions ..

Alas, *my* C. Lucifer has slowed down this year. They were from Homebase
originally and, thankfully, did very well until this year. I did split
them
in the spring, so they're probably just getting their breath back.

Spider

Some of our C. Lucifer need splitting very badly because going up the
steps to the old pond is a hazardous occupation at present. We've also
noticed at C. masonorum has popped up in all sorts of places this year so
that needs yanking out, too. I have a soft spot for it because I remember
it growing in my grandfather's garden in the days when it was Montbretia
and didn't have any variations that I recall.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I have a soft spot for C.masonarum too, but it does persist still in places
where I was sure I'd eradicated it. Nevermind, it comes out easily enough
when the soil is damp.
I really like Emily Mackenzie, but she's not done much for me this year.
Perhaps it's another case of divide and conquer. C. George Davison is a
recent acquisition which I admire, and hope that will bulk up too.

Spider

Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
PING PING Jan -ED Ponds 0 30-06-2006 04:46 PM
Ping-CassBlack area on my new bare roots, should I be worried? A guy named Emil Roses 3 06-02-2003 05:39 AM
Ping: Pam Garden Gal Mark or Travis Gardening 1 02-02-2003 02:02 PM