Old 14-08-2009, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
soup[_2_] soup[_2_] is offline

Default Ripe toms

'Mike' wrote:
First three decided to go red. Lots on there but slow to turn.

We have just harvested a third time from our Tom plants Our first ONES
were about a fortnight ago then about a kilo a week ago then another
2kilos today. There are still lots and lots and... of toms that look
like they will ripen of, but there are still some flowers and little
tiny toms that unless they get a wriggle on wont have time to ripen
before the season is over.

We have 12 tom plants all together in pots with no bottom that are
sitting on a trough (water from the bottom feed from the top style) the
two plants that seem to be doing the best (growing the fastest most
'fruit' etc) are two we got from his school fayre (sic). The tom plants
are interspersed with Marigolds as apparently the Marigolds give of a
gas/odour/substance that repels white fly.