Old 14-08-2009, 08:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Help identify this tree -- acorns but not oak leaves

In article
,
Ted Shoemaker wrote:

Can someone please help me figure out what a particular tree is?

It had acorns, a bit smaller than most oak acorns I've seen.

The leaves were not multi-lobed like oak leaves; in fact they looked a
lot like bay leaves. (They didn't smell like bay leaves, though.)

The bark was unremarkable, vaguely like a thousand varieties of
deciduous trees (elm, oak, maple, etc).

It was located in Tamarack, West Virginia.

Thank you!

Ted Shoemaker

Ted any chance you can be a bit more vague? I'll place my hands on the
screen and see what appears. Leafs vs. Leaves matters btw.

http://www.arcytech.org/java/population/oak_stories.html

Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA