Old 14-08-2009, 09:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Default User Default User is offline

Default Help identify this tree -- acorns but not oak leaves

Ted Shoemaker wrote:

Can someone please help me figure out what a particular tree is?

It had acorns, a bit smaller than most oak acorns I've seen.

The leaves were not multi-lobed like oak leaves; in fact they looked a
lot like bay leaves. (They didn't smell like bay leaves, though.)

It's probably some variety of live oak. You can find some examples of
the leaves with Google Images.

Brian

--
Day 193 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project