Old 15-08-2009, 02:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Chilis

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:15:26 +0100, Georgina7
wrote:

i have about 8 Chilli plants in different pots some are 2.5 feet tall
healthy looking and green. There are no flowers and no damn chillies!
They get watered reguarly and are in the sun... what am i doing wrong?

please help!

Chilies require much heat and sun. I see by your headers you are
located in an area that reportedly has a paucity of both.
Our chili plants normally produce more than we can use but this summer
has been relatively cool and wet and the chilies have failed to set
fruit. We have in the past, during cool damp summers, used a cloche
over our chilies and it has definitely helped. Just haven't gotten
around to it this year but, we still have lots of dried and pickled
chilies from last year.
You might try an experiment on one of your plants. Tie a big, clear
plastic bag over the plant, in effect making a mini greenhouse and see
if that improves its performance.

Ross
Southern Ontario, Canada.
AgCanada Zone 5b