Old 16-08-2009, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default killing Buddleia

"Exhausted" wrote in message
Don't get me wrong i like Buddleia, ans i want to keep one in my garden.
The problem is i have one which self seeded behind greenhouse, with no
access to it, i try to keep it cut back but i have started to loose glass
due to the roots.
Is there are way to kill it with out digging it and the greenhouse up??

Thanks

You could use a glyphosate-based systemic herbicide (such as Tumbleweed),
but only while the plant has good leafy growth, which will translocate the
poison to the roots. You may need more than one application if the plant
stubbornly persists.

This poison is not selective, so don't get it on wanted plants. It is
considered to be relatively safe, though, because it breaks down on contact
with the soil

Spider