Old 16-08-2009, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default killing Buddleia

Exhausted wrote:
Thanks for the prompt answers
I may have problem, as i cut the thing right back again today, so i
guess its next year before i can do anything

What you are doing pretty much encourages more vigorous growth!

If you can still get to it then ammonium sulphamate put into holes in
the woody stem and/or a trace of copper sulphate will see it off.

Its almost as though the Buddleia is meant to live....

Wait until it has some new leaves and hit it with glyphosate.

They are pretty tough and it may take a few hits to see it off. Every
time it get s a new set of green leaves hit it again. Don't give it
chance to store any energy and it will eventually give up the ghost. A
black plastic bin bag over the stump might work too...

Regards,
Martin Brown

Exhausted wrote:
Don't get me wrong i like Buddleia, ans i want to keep one in my
garden. The problem is i have one which self seeded behind
greenhouse, with no access to it, i try to keep it cut back but i have
started to loose glass due to the roots.
Is there are way to kill it with out digging it and the greenhouse up??