Old 16-08-2009, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Bullrushes

On 16 Aug, 22:49, "'Mike'" wrote:
Thanks Bob, that's what I thought for some reason.

Not for me, don't have a pond, filled it in ages ago :-

--
Mike

The Royal Naval Electrical Branch Associationwww.rneba.org.uk
Luxury Self Catering on the Isle of Wight?www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"'Mike'" *wrote ...
When is the best time to thin out and transplant Bullrushes?

Now with plenty of water in a container or when they have died back?

As far as I know all water plants are best dealt with when growing apace,
unlike normal plants.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Do you mean Bullrush or do you mean reed mace?
http://www.countrysideinfo.co.uk/wet...y/reedmace.htm
David Hill

PS Yes My father had Chinese crews and Indian, both great people