Old 18-08-2009, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default not a Geum (ping Kay)

writes
In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3832752847/ - receptacle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3833546562/ - fruit
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3832752785/ - flower
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3832752717/ - flower/bud
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3833546480/ - flower

I don't have my books at work, but why are you certain that it isn't
cloudberry? What I can see of the leaves look wrong, but is there
more?

According to Fitter, cloudberry fruits are orange rather than red, and
the leaves are shallowly lobed rather than trefoil. But cloudberry
sprang into my mind when I saw the original pic, and I looked it up and
dismissed it on the basis of the leaves. Then looking again a few weeks
ago, I realised that what I actually had in mind was stone bramble, but
the petals of that are narrow.
--
Kay