Old 19-08-2009, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Compost bargain.

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...
I've just discovered that near to my local recycling centre is a place
that takes all the green waste, turns it into compost and sells it back to
anyone who wants it. No signs or adverts whatsoever, I only found out
through asking what happens to it all.
The cost is £2 per bag or at a £12 a tonne, pro rata. They have a
weighbridge. So I think I could get a trailer load for £3. Might be worth
checking out your local recycling centre if you are a bulk compost user.

Anyone with any idea what volume a tonne of non-compacted compost would
be?

mark

Ours do the 1 tonne builders bag which is 1 metre cube, delivered for £35.00

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk