Old 19-08-2009, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Compost bargain.

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:15:44 +0100, "mark"
wrote:

I've just discovered that near to my local recycling centre is a place that
takes all the green waste, turns it into compost and sells it back to anyone
who wants it. No signs or adverts whatsoever, I only found out through
asking what happens to it all.
The cost is £2 per bag or at a £12 a tonne, pro rata. They have a
weighbridge. So I think I could get a trailer load for £3. Might be worth
checking out your local recycling centre if you are a bulk compost user.

Anyone with any idea what volume a tonne of non-compacted compost would be?

Mark, you don't say where you are in the country. We have a company
which sells the council compost at £3.50, so I don't buy it, though it
looks good stuff. However, a friend who lives in Weymouth can bag up
as much as she wants FREE when she takes compostable material to the
tip.

Pam in Bristol