Old 20-08-2009, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default is the Homelite HL454SP Petrol Rotary Mower

"paola" wrote in message
news

Hi,
I am a newbie with what I see is a common question (but did not
find an
answer to how reliable the homelite is in the existing posts):
moved
home, now have garden (small but uneven), need lawnmower. On a
tight
budget, do not want electric, as we are not greeen fingers we
decided
that rotary is best, and found the Homelite HL454SP Petrol
Rotary Mower
(self propelled). It sounds good enough for us, but would like
to know
whether you think Homelite is reliable, and if you have any
experience
of this particular model.
Many thanks!

No experience of the Homelite brand but at £120 at
http://www.kjstoneman.co.uk/graded%20mowers.htm it looks good
value. Interestingly it is described as having a Mountfield
engine which is a reasonably reliable brand. The steel deck will
rust away over time unless you keep it clean and treat it when
overwintered. Waxoil is good for stopping steel things rusting
away.

Mike