Old 21-08-2009, 12:30 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Withycombe[_2_] View Post
Our bright granddaughter, who will be 7 in a couple of weeks, has
specifically requested a book on plants, how they grow, propagate etc.
as a birthday present. Senior Management and I are stumped on a book
which should be sufficiently juvenile without being infantile. The young
lady in question is extremely intelligent, reads well and has no
difficulty in grasping basic concepts. Obviously descriptive
illustrations would be helpful in maintaining interest.

Does anyone have suggestions on a suitable book? If so we'd be very
grateful.

TIA
--
Tom W.
Dorset/UK

"The Secret Life of a Garden" by Chris Beardsely might be a good starter.