Old 21-08-2009, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill[_2_] Donwill[_2_] is offline

Default Book suggestions please

Tom Withycombe wrote:
Our bright granddaughter, who will be 7 in a couple of weeks, has
specifically requested a book on plants, how they grow, propagate etc.
as a birthday present. Senior Management and I are stumped on a book
which should be sufficiently juvenile without being infantile. The
young lady in question is extremely intelligent, reads well and has no
difficulty in grasping basic concepts. Obviously descriptive
illustrations would be helpful in maintaining interest.

Does anyone have suggestions on a suitable book? If so we'd be very
grateful.

TIA

The "Readers Digest Complete Library of the Garden" was good, I've
still got mine (3 Volumes) purchased new in the early sixties and I
still refer to it even now. Highly recommended.
Maybe Amazon can find you a set.

Cheers
Don