Old 21-08-2009, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Book suggestions please

Tom Withycombe wrote:
Our bright granddaughter, who will be 7 in a couple of weeks, has
specifically requested a book on plants, how they grow, propagate etc.
as a birthday present. Senior Management and I are stumped on a book
which should be sufficiently juvenile without being infantile. The young
lady in question is extremely intelligent, reads well and has no
difficulty in grasping basic concepts. Obviously descriptive
illustrations would be helpful in maintaining interest.

Does anyone have suggestions on a suitable book? If so we'd be very
grateful.

TIA

The Dorling-Kindersly series are popular and not patronizing. Don't
know if there's an appropriate one, but you could look on here

http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.u...ens/index.html

Some of the science books are very good indeed, my kids spend hours
poring over them.

-E