Old 22-08-2009, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Thanks

Anne Donnelly writes
Anne Donnelly wrote:
Hi all,
When I tidy the pond in a few weeks time I am going to need to
remove some of the flag iris before they take over.
However, from experience they are difficult to remove. Normally, I
use a garden fork to dig out stubborn roots but I don't want to risk
tearing the pond liner.
Has anyone any tips for removing them?
Thanks
Anne

Thanks Kay and Bob for suggestions.

I'll give it a go in a few weeks time. I don't remember it being that
easy last time I tried but maybe I'm simply not as strong as you two

The key is to break them off one plant at a time, not to try to take a
whole armful ion one go.
--
Kay