Old 22-08-2009, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Edible fungi?

Ragnar writes

"aquachimp" wrote in message
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ibf9rm&s=3
Photo taken near Cork Ireland, earlier this month.
I thought it was just a plastic bag at first.

Any (relevant) ideas?

Hard to tell from the photo but from the size my guess would be some species
of puffball. Whatever it is, it has been attacked by slugs or snails.
R.

From the size I'd guess it's a well eaten giant puffball. If it were a
giant puffball I wouldn't eat it in that state. And I'm not confident
about this identification, so do NOT eat it - it could easily be a well
eaten something else which might not be edible.

--
Kay