Old 22-08-2009, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Edible fungi?

In message , Pete Stockdale
writes

"K" wrote in message

From the size I'd guess it's a well eaten giant puffball. If it were a
giant puffball I wouldn't eat it in that state. And I'm not confident
about this identification, so do NOT eat it - it could easily be a well
eaten something else which might not be edible.

One just has to have a giggle at your last sentence (:-)
You meant well I am sure !

I hope that you're not suggesting that the observation that it is well
eaten means that it is edible to humans - because that's not true. For
example, cinnabar moth caterpillars can produce well eaten common
ragworts, but you would be foolish to attempt to eat that plant.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley