Old 23-08-2009, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Edible fungi?

On Aug 22, 10:44*pm, K wrote:
Ragnar writes

"aquachimp" wrote in message
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ibf9rm&s=3
Photo taken near Cork Ireland, earlier this month.
I thought it was just a plastic bag at first.

Any (relevant) ideas?

Hard to tell from the photo but from the size my guess would be some species
of puffball. *Whatever it is, it has been attacked by slugs or snails.
R.

*From the size I'd guess it's a well eaten giant puffball. If it were a
giant puffball I wouldn't eat it in that state. And I'm not confident
about this identification, so do NOT eat it *- it could easily be a well
eaten something else which might not be edible.

--
Kay

Thanks all. No, I wont be eating it. besides, it's still there,
somewhere in Ireland and I'm back in Belgium. Just wondered.