Old 23-08-2009, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sheila Sheila is offline

Default Agapanthus seedees....

"Spider" wrote in message

I have put a 10 minute vid up on youtube, if you want to walk round my
garden with me, the quality isn't wonderful, its taken on my phone, but
it should be sufficient to give you an idea of the size. Long and
narrow! you just google youtube, and in the search button, put in
sheilaformby and that should lead you there.

Thanks for the grand tour, Sheila. You've obviously worked very hard to
make it so pretty and well formed. It was interesting to hear/see your
plans for the fern and hosta bed. I hope that goes well. A large part of
my garden is shade/woodland planting, so I'm very fond of ferns. Hostas
are a mixed blessing here; lovely leaves ... not so lovely slugs.

I love Hosta's also, I must have about another 20 in the garden, but hiding
in the undergrowth!problem is by the time I have seen them sprouting, I am
almost afraid to move them to a better position, where they can be seen,
when is the best/optimum time to move them, when they have finished I
presume.

I also grow, and love, that dark purple buddleia. Mine's B. 'Black
Knight'; I assume yours is the same. I don't know another dark purple
one. I'd really like to try B. alternfolia some time, but I've got a lot
of clearing to do before I can make room for it. I hope you manage to
screen out your neighbours. Of, course, if you cut the buddleias hard
back as recommended, you're going to lose that screen for a while.
Fortunately, they shoot back very quickly as soon as the weather warms up.

Wow, I really like that B.alternfolia! I think I can make a space for that
one.....!! Hopefully by the time the buddlleas are at a decent height, it
will coincide with them using their decking again...

I liked your freecyle urn in its new 'Wedgewoodesque' livery. It's made
quite a feature. Very clever of you. I also like the orangey rose on the
arch you passed through; do you know the name of it? I have a 'hot'
border which could do with a few more embers! :~)

The rose is Warm Welcome (Chewizz) and its in its 3rd year, its very very
easy!

Cleared half a compost bin out, put onto sandy border, and have left
remaining, as I found some brandling worms there.... but turned both boxes
, so am having a rest now!