Old 23-08-2009, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Gardening neighbours

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

A neighbour like we had once. She was just moving in and I went out onto the
pavement to introduce myself and offer a cup of tea etc when she said " Oh,
you live there, I wanted to talk to you, one of your trees in overhanging my
garden, get it chopped down."
I learned her name later.

I cut my neighbour's grass for her this week, since her daughter who
lives nearby was on holiday. Then with the assistance of another
friend who called, I made a start on pruning back some shrubs which had
been left to grow unlimited. The ones which overhang my garden I cut
and offer the prunings to her but they then go to my shredder. :-)

There is a "Red Robin" bush which is long out of control, and a light
trim revealed the 3" branches beneath. I am tempted to ask her to
let me
hack it down to a 2 or 3 ft stub, but I'm not sure whether it would
sprout back to a decent but controllable shrub.

They're pretty vigorous... :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply