Old 23-08-2009, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardening neighbours

It was following the posting of .........

"" Of course if you have any reason to believe your neighbor will be
uncooperative then it is best to say nothing, creep out in the middle of a
moonless night with your sprayer filled with defolient and have at it.""

That made me think. How do you get on with your neighbours?

I have always got on fine with mine, so what makes a poster post the above?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 23-08-2009, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote ...
It was following the posting of .........

"" Of course if you have any reason to believe your neighbor will be
uncooperative then it is best to say nothing, creep out in the middle of
moonless night with your sprayer filled with defolient and have at it.""

That made me think. How do you get on with your neighbours?

I have always got on fine with mine, so what makes a poster post the
above?

A neighbour like we had once. She was just moving in and I went out onto the
pavement to introduce myself and offer a cup of tea etc when she said " Oh,
you live there, I wanted to talk to you, one of your trees in overhanging my
garden, get it chopped down."
I learned her name later.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 23-08-2009, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

That made me think. How do you get on with your neighbours?

ROFL!

Shit For Brains (known as SFB in this parish) next door has had
Enviromental Health set on him for his legendary BBQ smoke. SFB has also
killed off an entire corner of our garden when he had to move his BBQ away
from "a place a public nuisance". So then he just fried all of our shrubs
at the end of the garden. Not only have we lost plants, we've lost income
from the plum tree that he smoked to death. His half-arsed DIY is legendary
too. Looks like he's become unemployed ATM - Hopefully they'll have to
move. One can but hope.

Neighbour the other side cuts his grass twice a year. With a petrol
strimmer. All weekend. Because it's 6 feet tall. Then complains about
anything he doesn't like in our garden. Bizarrely, when Environmental
Health visited regarding SFB they commented that the waste land next door
should really be kept in order by the council. They were astonished that it
was a private garden! Oh well, he's a dribbling 50+ Thai-bride merchant - I
don't suppose he gets much free time.

Neighbour 2 doors down made it to the local papers with his legendary
"Obscure The Whole Town In A Fog Of Yellow Smoke" thanks to him bringing
plastic packing material home from work and burning it in his garden. I
believe he got a £5K fine for that one ;-)

Neighbours? Yeah. Great. Super.

Al.
Old 23-08-2009, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

A neighbour like we had once. She was just moving in and I went out onto the
pavement to introduce myself and offer a cup of tea etc when she said " Oh,
you live there, I wanted to talk to you, one of your trees in overhanging my
garden, get it chopped down."
I learned her name later.

I cut my neighbour's grass for her this week, since her daughter who
lives nearby was on holiday. Then with the assistance of another
friend who called, I made a start on pruning back some shrubs which had
been left to grow unlimited. The ones which overhang my garden I cut
and offer the prunings to her but they then go to my shredder. :-)

There is a "Red Robin" bush which is long out of control, and a light
trim revealed the 3" branches beneath. I am tempted to ask her to
let me
hack it down to a 2 or 3 ft stub, but I'm not sure whether it would
sprout back to a decent but controllable shrub.

They're pretty vigorous... :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 24-08-2009, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote ...
It was following the posting of .........

"" Of course if you have any reason to believe your neighbor will be
uncooperative then it is best to say nothing, creep out in the middle of
moonless night with your sprayer filled with defolient and have at it.""

That made me think. How do you get on with your neighbours?

I have always got on fine with mine, so what makes a poster post the
above?

A neighbour like we had once. She was just moving in and I went out onto
the pavement to introduce myself and offer a cup of tea etc when she said
" Oh, you live there, I wanted to talk to you, one of your trees in
overhanging my garden, get it chopped down."
I learned her name later.

When I lived in Staffordshire, I had a sycamore at the end of the garden,
planted years before I moved in, which had encroached on the fence line.
The neighbour at the bottom complained to the council that I had *stolen*
part of his land! [The council rep who visited me fell about laughing, and
said "What does he want you to do, cut a hole in it?"]. As the tree was far
too big for the garden anyway I had it cut down, and replaced with a rowan
and a hawthorn further into my garden.

While my friend was busy felling the tree, the neighbour called the police,
claiming I was removing his property! [The bit of trunk which had crossed
the boundary.]Strangely, the police fell about laughing too, then went off
to have words about wasting police time :-}

--
Kathy
A person who doesn't like cats must have been a mouse in a previous life.

Camellia and neighbours extension SarahH United Kingdom 16 25-11-2003 10:22 PM
Please help Screen neighbours from me keith United Kingdom 10 08-08-2003 11:04 PM
My neighbours big plum tree. dommy United Kingdom 4 03-05-2003 11:56 PM
Neighbours Mike United Kingdom 29 15-04-2003 10:57 PM
Neighbours Help Ophelia United Kingdom 55 11-04-2003 10:32 AM