Old 24-08-2009, 01:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default puzzled

In article ,
says...

hi, im new to site, ive found a few plants growing in my garden, and one
in a jar on window sill, which look like tomatoes, had small white
flowers with yellow centre, so i thought maybe my grankids have thrown
an old tom, from a sandwich, and they have took , so i nursed them
alaong, but the trusses, bunch like toms, but on riening the fruit
looks like a blackberry or other black fruit.......any ideas please, oh
by the by, its healthy....alan

Well... there are more possibilities than these options but you could
have deadly nightshade, black nightshade which is also known as deadly
nightshade.

....and I think it's a winnable bet that you have black nighshade.

As pretty as the plants are, I'd take this as a teachable moment if the
grandkids are old enough for it and show them the plant, fruit etc.
while you are working very hard and fast to get it all out "because it's
poison."