Old 25-08-2009, 06:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] jw@eldorado.com is offline

Default Need help about my rider mower

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:27:05 +0100, French-laurie
wrote:

Hi. This may be of no help at all, but you never know. I had a similar
problem with a larger machine. The battery always seemed to be dying or
dead. Eventually I discovered that the earth strap was in a bad state
where it fixed to the chassis. It was hard to access but I spent a
while cleaning back to metal; there was no need to change the earth
lead. The occasional spray of WD40 and the problem has gone away .
Duke Cordialement

Well, today is another day and the grass needed mowed. I haven't had
the time to do anything to the mower except leave it stored in the
shed with the trickle charger connected and working. The battery read
12.4V but the motor would not turn over. I did what I sometimes do
and charged the battery for a mere 3 seconds at 8 amps, and then tried
to start the mower. As usual, the motor did not want to turn over
but did and the mower then started. I mowed the grass.

I really AM going to have to do something. As I recall, when I last
bought a battery, the problem went away for a while. So I could do
that again. I also could and will replace the starter, but I should
wait until the grass doesn't need cut so frequently. I don't have the
whole of any day right now as I am tending my semi-invalid wife as she
recovers from surgery and prepares for a second surgery. I'm not
complaining - I just have to budget my time. Thanks for all helps.

Life can be difficult sometimes.

Duke