Old 25-08-2009, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_296_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_296_] is offline

Default Rhubarb - Can it be True?

"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote

That's the normal advice but I daresay it won't miss a couple stalks as
you suggest but personally I wouldn't want to eat it at this end of the
season

www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Thanks Robert

But the plant is still producing new stalks - will these be woody this
late in the season?

Phil

Probably not but I believe they are not so tasty so late on, then again if
they're new shoots perhaps they are ok. Only one way to find out