Old 26-08-2009, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Davy[_2_] Davy[_2_] is offline

Default Should Runner Beans be finishing already?

My runner beans tended to have all their flowers at the top of their
growth where it was difficult to reach and now have had no new flowers
for two weeks - this despite picking all beans as soon as they were
about 10" long.

Many of the beans are brown, undeveloped and furry.

I don't think I will be getting many more beans; yet the book I have
says that they should continue cropping until the first frosts.

Is this normal?

DAvy