Old 27-08-2009, 07:36 AM
spes123 spes123 is offline
Registered User

While I agree that you most likely have a poisonous nightshade there is a slight possibility that it is an heirloom tomato (tomatoes are part of the nightshade family). Now as this is a small possibility I would not take a chance on trying the fruit. If you live in the UK you could try using the RHS advisory service http://rhs.org.uk/advice/advisory_service.asp who should be able to give you a more positive identification. For more on heirloom tomatoes http;//www.growingyourownveg.com/tomatotypes.php