Old 27-08-2009, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Should Runner Beans be finishing already?

"Davy" wrote in message
. 109.145...
My runner beans tended to have all their flowers at the top of their
growth where it was difficult to reach and now have had no new flowers
for two weeks - this despite picking all beans as soon as they were
about 10" long.

Many of the beans are brown, undeveloped and furry.

I don't think I will be getting many more beans; yet the book I have
says that they should continue cropping until the first frosts.

Is this normal?

DAvy

Our beans are still doing very well and I have just been round to a
neighbours to dump some rubbish and theirs are doing very well and still in
full flower

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk