Old 27-08-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default mustard

Pam Moore wrote:

I used mustard successfully one year. I sowed it quite late, can't
remember when, on an open patch of land. I let it grow to about 9
inches then covered the whole area with black polythene for the
winter. The whole lot had rotted away by Spring, and I had nice
friable soil.

Are there any issues regarding crop rotation? Mustard is a member of the
brassica family, so does this mean cabbages etc should not be grown on
the same land for a year where mustard was grown or vice-versa? Is there
a risk of disease propagation in the soil?

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.