Old 27-08-2009, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default OT(ish) - what would you do with two bin bags full of Rosemary cuttings?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "David WE Roberts" contains these words:

I do, however, still have one black bin bag full of rosemary if any one
wants it or knows why the guy needed two full bags.

Possible uses

pot pourri
scent room by burning twigs on open fire
flavour barbecue by tossing on embers
use in a home smoker (for ham, etc)
infusion makes a fantastic conditioning hair rinse for brunettes (use
in the final rinse)
dry twigs to scent linens

When I got rid of an overgrown rosemary bush , it was suggested to me that I
burnt it on an open fire to scent the room. The rosemary burnt well enough
but didn't scent the room at all. Which makes sense if you think about it as
all the products of combustion (smoke) should be going up the chimney.

I haven't tried the other ideas. My experience of pot-pourri is seeing
bowls of the stuff in sheltered housing schemes and similar establishments
so it's a non starter for me!

mark