Old 28-08-2009, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default OT(ish) - what would you do with two bin bags full of Rosemary cuttings?

On 2009-08-27 23:44:56 +0100, "mark" said:
snip
When I got rid of an overgrown rosemary bush , it was suggested to me that I
burnt it on an open fire to scent the room. The rosemary burnt well enough
but didn't scent the room at all. Which makes sense if you think about it as
all the products of combustion (smoke) should be going up the chimney.

I haven't tried the other ideas. My experience of pot-pourri is seeing
bowls of the stuff in sheltered housing schemes and similar establishments
so it's a non starter for me!

mark

Dry it and use it as you would lavender bags in amongst bed linen. Or
put a few dried leaves into a bath.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com