Old 16-04-2003, 10:56 PM
James Harris

Default [IBC] Begginner Tree

I have several indoor tropicals. Although I do put them outdoors in the summer. I would suggest any of the Ficus varieties, Schefflera, Fukien Tea (watch out for aphids on these), Chinese Elm, Chinese Sweet Plum. I would also suggest the following books: I
ndoor Bonsai by Paul Lesniewicz , Bonsai Survival Manual: Tree-By-Tree Guide to Buying, Maintaining, and Problem Solving by Colin Lewis . These books (amoung other) have been especially helpful to me in growing bonsai.

Good luck and happy bonsai :-)

Jim Harris
S.E. Michigan, Zone 5b

Rich Conley 4/16/03 3:36:38 PM

Looking for one. Live in Mass, want something tropical, but not too
expensive. If posibble, something that will grow all year round indoors.

This will be my first tree...any ideas?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++