Old 30-08-2009, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Badgers got my sweetcorn

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I picked about 6 corn cobs last week and was going up today to pick
some more. Badgers had got there first. We've had the problem before
on the allotments, and earlier this year and last year they got
people's carrots.
Too late I realise I should have put a wire netting barricade around
my sweetcorn. Those who did so are OK so far.

Once the corns have ripened - they should be harvested.
It is a risky business leaving them hanging around to benefit the local
wildlife.
I wired mine but the meeces still had their share !
Not on Badger scale thankfully - my freezer is bulging ( ;-)

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com