Old 31-08-2009, 01:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Baby toads

Every year we get the toad chorus that sounds like crickets on speed.
Then, in late summer, we begin to get the army of toadlets. They have
just begun their exodus from the ponds. Little tiny guys hopping
away. I am always glad when they begin appearing just after I have
cut the grass...as this year. Every day now, I see the tiny hoppers
supplying the neighborhood with bug catchers.