Old 02-09-2009, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Damson gin

On 1 Sep, 18:27, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"mark" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
dual.net...
On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:52:10 +0100, Christina Websell wrote
(in article ):

I was slightly concerned that Sally's recipe (3lbs damsons/3lbs sugar/1
bottle of gin would be a syrup, so I looked it up online.
This is far nearer to what I would have done for sloes

http://www.rarechooks.com.au/?doc=Sussex

lol, assume that link is a typo or do you recommend throwing a chicken
into
the brew, like cider? *Have never made sloe gin, so can't comment except
that
sloes are a lot sharper to start with than damsons.

What? *Doesn't that link take to you a damson/sloe gin recipe? * It does
for me.
goes away to look again

Tina

You've drunk all your damson gin already, that was quick.

mark

grin
I promise a new damson gin recipe soon.

Tina

That gave me a giggle Tina, now I know what you do to your chooks.
Mine are laying again, back to an egg each a day.

Judith