Old 30-08-2009, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Damson gin

I was slightly concerned that Sally's recipe (3lbs damsons/3lbs sugar/1
bottle of gin would be a syrup, so I looked it up online.
This is far nearer to what I would have done for sloes

http://www.rarechooks.com.au/?doc=Sussex

Tina

Old 30-08-2009, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:52:10 +0100, Christina Websell wrote
(in article ):

I was slightly concerned that Sally's recipe (3lbs damsons/3lbs sugar/1
bottle of gin would be a syrup, so I looked it up online.
This is far nearer to what I would have done for sloes

http://www.rarechooks.com.au/?doc=Sussex

lol, assume that link is a typo or do you recommend throwing a chicken into
the brew, like cider? Have never made sloe gin, so can't comment except that
sloes are a lot sharper to start with than damsons.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Old 30-08-2009, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:52:10 +0100, Christina Websell wrote
(in article ):

I was slightly concerned that Sally's recipe (3lbs damsons/3lbs sugar/1
bottle of gin would be a syrup, so I looked it up online.
This is far nearer to what I would have done for sloes

http://www.rarechooks.com.au/?doc=Sussex

lol, assume that link is a typo or do you recommend throwing a chicken
into
the brew, like cider? Have never made sloe gin, so can't comment except
that
sloes are a lot sharper to start with than damsons.

What? Doesn't that link take to you a damson/sloe gin recipe? It does for
me.
goes away to look again

Tina

Old 31-08-2009, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:52:10 +0100, Christina Websell wrote
(in article ):

I was slightly concerned that Sally's recipe (3lbs damsons/3lbs sugar/1
bottle of gin would be a syrup, so I looked it up online.
This is far nearer to what I would have done for sloes

http://www.rarechooks.com.au/?doc=Sussex

lol, assume that link is a typo or do you recommend throwing a chicken
into
the brew, like cider? Have never made sloe gin, so can't comment except
that
sloes are a lot sharper to start with than damsons.

What? Doesn't that link take to you a damson/sloe gin recipe? It does
for me.
goes away to look again

Tina

You've drunk all your damson gin already, that was quick.

mark

Old 01-09-2009, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mark" wrote in message

[...]

grin
I promise a new damson gin recipe soon.

Tina

Old 02-09-2009, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Sep, 18:27, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"mark" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
dual.net...
[...]

That gave me a giggle Tina, now I know what you do to your chooks.
Mine are laying again, back to an egg each a day.

Judith
Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On 1 Sep, 18:27, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"mark" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

[...]

------

Mine have stopped laying to moult now.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mark" wrote in message

[...]

Try this one:
http://www.brew-magic.co.uk/Spirit_r...amson_Gin.aspx

Old 03-09-2009, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Try this one:
http://www.brew-magic.co.uk/Spirit_r...amson_Gin.aspx

Thanks, that is a good site too

Sloe gin update Kath United Kingdom 5 03-12-2011 09:44 AM
Gin Clear JB[_1_] Ponds (moderated) 3 20-09-2008 11:55 PM
Gin Clear Already BenignVanilla Ponds 38 01-04-2004 08:16 PM
Watercress, was Gin Clear Already Anne Lurie Ponds 2 29-03-2004 12:11 AM
"Gin Clear" water Barry Ponds 4 15-10-2003 01:32 AM