Old 04-09-2009, 05:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bud Bud is offline

Default What to grow-Fall-Winter-Los Angeles, CA

Dave_s wrote:

Bud,
Ok, from your link, I now know my home is in hardiness zone 10A, 30F to
35F, lowest temperatures.

It would still help to know what folks in Southern California, near Los
Angles, are growing this soon to be fall and winter season.

Thank you, Dave_s

Well, since winter will be upon your area late, I'd grow plants that like
the cool weather and not the hot. Do a search on your favorite data base
site and look for cool weather planting. I'd be thinking of things I'd grow,
spinach, cabbage, peas, mibuna (great tasting with mild taste of cabbage and
can be replanted through out the cool season) etc. Take a look and choose
what you like to eat.
--
Bud