Old 07-09-2009, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ragnar Ragnar is offline

Default Can anyone help me identify this plant? Need help ASAP!

"Gemmy" wrote in message

My dog has been eating the berries from this plant & I don't know what
it is so I don't know if they are poisonous. Please, any help would be
appreciated!

Here are some photos, sorry for the poor quality:

http://tinyurl.com/ldj2hv - Berries
http://tinyurl.com/letrsg - Leaf
http://tinyurl.com/nebxvo - Leaf again

The berries grow on green stalks that have small thorns on them (really
small), they are black on the outside but red inside.
The leaves are about the size of an average hand & are waxy on the top.

It is a bush.

Thankyou in advance.

Could be cherryl laurel
http://www.horsedata.co.uk/images/Pl...y%20Laurel.jpg
If this is the correct identification, the berries are edible although the
rest of the plant is poisonous (Wikipedia). I think the seeds within the
berries may be slightly poisonous too so check it out further.
Hope your doggy is OK
R.