Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can anyone help me identify this plant? Need help ASAP!

"echinosum" wrote in message

lannerman;863809 Wrote:
Hi, Gemmy, The plant is common laurel (Prunus laurocerasus) I know that
the leaves contain cyanide and if crushed and placed in a sealed
container will kill butterflies and moths quite quickly, as for the
fruit, I am just not sure wether or not they would be poisonous but I
would suggest that you talk to a vet very quickly.
Regards Lannerman.

The berries of P laurocerasus are not poisonous.

To humans? I wouldn't eat them and would be concerned if my dog did, tbh.