Old 08-09-2009, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default potato forks?

"Rod" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message
Hello,

I have seen potato forks in the garden centre. They claims that the
flattened tynes prevent you from spearing your potatoes. Is that true?
Surely if you are unlucky enough to push it directly onto a potato it
will still spear it?

TIA

They're OK, but as you've already suggested they're no substitute for due
care. Spearing spuds isn't bad luck, it's lack of care.
--

Only if you have Xray vision. There's always a spud where you weren't
expecting one. But it's not only direct spearing that's the problem. If you

In a country museum near here, there are various potato forks, including one
with about 10 tines, which are closer together than we are familiar with,
one with ball ends to the tines, and one with a bar across the end of the
tines.

Steve

[1] Or the reality for most of us.