Old 08-09-2009, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°¹ is offline

Default potato forks?

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:09:58 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:40:25 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
. ..
shazzbat wrote:

In a country museum near here, there are various potato forks, including
one
with about 10 tines, which are closer together than we are familiar with,
one with ball ends to the tines, and one with a bar across the end of the
tines.

Whilst discussing forks, I have, without any knowledge of its
original source or purpose, a fork which has tines of the usual
form and length, but the whole is much wider than usual, about
520 mm, and the end two tines are raised slightly, like the sides
of a shovel.

It is a little too frail to see proper work now, but I can't
think what it would have been used for.

Any suggestions?

That sounds like yet another form of potato fork to me.

Manure/bedding fork?

Fork knows.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹