Old 15-09-2009, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default How can I tell the difference between a plum and a gage ??

Pam Moore writes
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:44:11 +0100, gray
wrote:

How can I tell the difference between a plum and a gage ??

If I have a 'plum' in front of me how do I know whether its a plum or
a gage, or a bullace or a damson.

Any definitive answers plz.

A photo might help

Not definitive (may even be wrong), and others will know more.

If it's big and plum-shaped, it's a plum. Gages on the whole are a bit
smaller, a bit rounder ended, and uniform colouring - ie a yellow thing
with pink flushing will be a plum rather than a gage. Damsons are
smaller plum shaped things and usually dark purple. Cherry sized things
with a plum stone inside are cherry plums or myrobalan. Bullaces I've
never got to grips with.
--
Kay