Old 17-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Pat Brothers

Default Any nurseries specialize in grasses?

The ornamental grasses are just breaking dormancy. Both Moudry and
Hameln should be readily available at your favorite local nursery. I
don't think Tony carries Moudry any more. There are reseeding issues
with this cultivar. It is awfully pretty though. There is a dwarf zebra
- Kurt Alexander is the cultivar, I think. Have not seen that available
yet. My current favorite small grass is a stipa - about 18 inches and
like soft hair blowing in the breeze. Very fond of the various carex
too. Good luck.

Beth Peace wrote:

I'm looking for a couple of ornamental grasses that are listed on the plant
list for our revamped front yard and I'm either looking too early or in the
wrong place. Are there any nurseries that seem to carry a lot of varieties
(preferably in the Cary/Apex area)?

I'm specifically looking for a couple of dwarf fountain grasses (Pennisetum
alopecuroides 'Hameln' and 'Moudry') and a dwarf zebra (unspecified
variety).

I'm having fun with the rest of the list, though, finding a few at a time
and planting them before going out for more!

Beth

Pat Brothers

The Powell House
Wake Forest, NC
and the Perennials Lady at Atlantic Ave. Orchid and Garden Center