Old 19-09-2009, 06:43 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Hi, Everyone, I live at Lanner in Cornwall and prior to last winter when we experienced -9 C I would have said that our winters are extremely mild with any frost at all being an exception, that was the coldest its been since 1988. In fact the further west you went the colder it got, the epicentre of cold being around Penzance where they registered -12 C. Thank you all for your input, just for the record, I now have, apart from P. caerulea also the following, Constance Elliot, Amethyst (syn. Lavender Lady) Victoria (red) racemosa, Star of Kingston, Debby, and one which is new to me this year called Clear Sky, which is to all intents a more vigorous form of P. caerulea with much larger and more striking flowers
I have just noticed in Hilliers, that they list Passiflora x violacea as being synonymous with P.caeruleoracemosa Sabine.
Regards Lannerman.